SmartStart consultants conduct interactive workshops on the following topics:
Taking your proposal from good to great:
- The importance of logic model thinking
- Your project is the bridge from problems to solutions
- Describing the setting with visuals
- Project goals: Moving from outputs to outcomes.
- Describing project activities and participants with visuals
- Broader impacts
- Project sustainability
- Whats hot with funders
- Proposal checklist
- Developing quantifiable program goals and guiding evaluation questions.
- Developing a formative and summative evaluation plan tied to the goals, and guiding evaluation questions, and project activities.
- Developing a logic model as a snapshot of your project.
- Developing an evaluation timeline.
- Developing benchmark/milestone charts to track progress.
- Developing evaluation forms and survey instruments.
- Posting forms online.
- Basics of Excel and SPSS.
- Presenting results including the basics of PowerPoint.
- Reporting results – report format, graphs, and tables.
- Integrating evaluation into the project.
Developing Student Learning Outcomes:
- Aligned with ABET expectations and terminology (if applicable)
- Step-by-step process to develop learning outcomes for each course
- Outcome levels based on Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Write student-focused, action-oriented, measurable learning outcomes
- Vertically align course learning outcomes with pre- and post-requisite courses
Informal Assessment Strategies:
- Developing questions based on Bloom’s Taxonomy levels
- Aligned with state content standards
- Informal assessment activities
- Graphic organizers
- Performance assessment products